Sunday 30 August 2015

while i was on my way home today after a family gathering, i just let my thoughts wander.... and being a female, is somewhat more tiring than a male should one start a family and have kids. given the modern times now, where in a family, both parents would be working like mine. and then i ponder, it is usually the mother of the child who would be up awake, taking care of the needs of the child, like for example, the night feeding or the usual things like changing of nappies and coaxing the child to sleep. it usually isn't the father of the child doing all of these stuffs. he would either be gaming or busy with work related stuffs, such actions would lead to distrust in allowing him to take care of the kid alone. like for example, my niece who was pretty much cranky towards her bedtime, so my auntie sent her back to her home with the help of my dad, because my cousin is busy at work today and my cousin-in-law is on the way back home. they figured that they would meet at the young parents home. my dad and auntie didn't return back to my other cousin's house which is our family gathering area for the day until an hour at least later. all because my auntie had to allow her grand-daughter to fall asleep before heading back to us. but after she came back, my cousin-in-law told us that she woke up just probably after my auntie and dad left the house. and then, I THINK my cousin had to leave her office earlier to rush home so that she could help her husband to put their baby to bed. with all the news you see about babies and kids being neglected when they are at the care of the fathers and plus knowing the behavior of the person causes distrust in the person's ability. it might somewhat be true, but really, i should really think and feel that both parents should have the ability to take care (and i mean by changing nappies, feeding, putting the child to bed etc) the baby/child and not just depend on the female species of the family (mother, grandmother etc). it would be really tiring for them. imagine going home after a long day at work, and you still have another long night to go because you need to coax your child and feed him/her at night. and at these times, the father is most likely asleep and finding the child a nuisance.
 all of these are all my assumptions and my thoughts during the car ride, because times might have changed and all that, fathers have more responsibility in taking care of the child, plus they are gonna have an extra week of paternity leave in addition to the one-week one that was already given. and plus, some families might have extra help and all, and i have no right to talk about all of these. anyways, i don't even get my reason for this post, but most probably it is to just express how i feel at this point of time and since i think it is abit inappropriate to post this on dayre.
ugh okay that's all for the rant. imma post my recent favourite fanfics from my new favourite author up. it's kryber, but it's really sweet at the end, which is why i love this story to bits. Echoes by nataliedecoco

No comments: